Fire Alarm Design and AutoCAD Services

A few of the other services I provide are Printing, Web Design, Graphic Design and Business Implementation.

What I do.

I provide all of the necessary documents required for a submittal to the authority having jurisdiction for a new fire alarm system. I start with the design of the system using AutoCad 2011, and provide 3 ea. color copies of the new design using a HP designjet. I then create the voltage drop calculations, the standby battery calculations and any other calculations needed, such as speaker draw, using excel spreadsheets. All of the specification sheets are included for all of the devices used in the installation. A cover sheet is also provided showing a material list and quantities. I can be listed under your company so that I may sign the drawings with my APS stamp. More information can be found on my website at FireAlarmDesigns.com

Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Letter from AHJ

Hello xxxxx,


Below is typical language used in plan review letters regarding vo

drop calculations. This is the current policy enforced by the Dal

Fire-Rescue Department for all fire alarm plan reviews.

"All circuit voltage drops shall be limited to no more than 15%, o

volts for a 24 volt system. Circuit #1 serving the 2nd and 3rd fl

of Building Type I exceeds the maximum allowable voltage drop (see

attached calculation sheet). The contractor shall provide circuit

that the maximum voltage drop does not exceed 3.6 volts. Provide

battery capacity and voltage drop calculations that reflect change

the alarm notification system."

As mentioned, a copy of the Dallas amendments to Chapter 9 of the

International Fire Code are available from myself or any of the ot

engineers at 320 E. Jefferson St., Room 105. A complete set of th

Building and Fire Code amendments can be purchased at the cashier'

in Room 118.

Please let me know if you have any questions or require additional

information.

Regards,

xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Senior Fire Protection Engineer

Development Services Department

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Dallas, TX

No comments:

Post a Comment